Nursing Home Residents’ Bill of Rights
SANTA ROSA INJURY LAWYER FOR THE PROTECTION OF SENIORS
At The Law Offices of Freeman & Freeman, we take nursing home abuse and negligence cases very seriously. Our Santa Rosa nursing home abuse attorneys are prepared to protect your loved one’s rights and work diligently to prevent future abuse and negligence. Call (866) 361-7546 for a free and confidential initial consultation.
ABOUT THE NURSING HOME BILL OF RIGHTS
Nursing home residents have the following rights, as spelled out in the Nursing Home Reform Act:
- The right to be free from mistreatment, abuse, and neglect
- The right to be free from physical restraints
- The right to privacy
- The right to be accommodated for physical, medical, psychological and social needs
- The right to join in any resident and family groups
- The right to receive treatment with dignity
- The right to exercise self-determination
- The right to freely communicate
- The right to take an active role in the review of the individual’s care plan and to be notified ahead of time about any changes in care, treatment or change of status in the facility
- The right to express grievances without reprisal or discrimination
Sonoma County Nursing Home Ratings & Safety Violation Information
The rates of injuries from nursing home patients around the country has gotten higher in recent years, and that trend does not look like it will be subsiding in the near future, even in Santa Rosa. That’s why the associates at Freeman & Freeman have taken it on our own to conduct thorough research into fully understanding the nursing homes across Santa Rosa and Sonoma County. We will stop at nothing for any of our client’s investigative needs, thus we are going to share the research we’ve conducted on Santa Rosa’s nursing homes.
This page will also delve into what we do, what we look for, signs of abuse and inferior care, how we can help and what to do if you suspect poor care. The information on this page will undoubtedly give you a much broader spectrum of information in terms of Santa Rosa’s nursing homes, and ultimately could keep your loved ones out of abusive situations or help you navigate your options when nursing home abuse affects you and your family. Click here to read more about Sonoma County nursing home ratings and safety.
CONTACT AN EXPERIENCED SANTA ROSA NURSING HOME ABUSE ATTORNEY
Nursing home abuse cases can be complicated. Knowing what to do can be confusing. You need a knowledgeable, experienced law firm on your side. You need The Law Offices of Freeman & Freeman. Don’t hesitate to contact our law firm for a free and confidential consultation. We’re ready to listen to you and discuss your legal rights.